A branch of the Atlantic Opportunities Association (ACOA), the Information Management Technology (IMT) Branch, was interested in enhancing its Help Desk by incorporating an intranet site. The site would supply cost-effective support services to ACOA’s employees and provide online training.
IMT wanted to build a site that supported both the daily business needs and long term strategic goals of the agency. The site needed to be innovative, creative and make use of the latest technologies. At the same time, the site had to be efficient, easy to use and, above all, support the knowledge worker through:
- Innovative training methods
- On-demand technical support
- Providing required tools for efficient work practices
To accomplish the goals of the initiative, MarketAccess provided to IMT:
- Informative workshops demonstrating best practices in Intranet Design
- Recommendations Document
- A breath-taking Intranet design reinforcing IMT's commitment to innovation service
Working with IMT, MarketAccess has ensured the site will achieve the goals of the department and has provided the foundation for an intranet site that will becomes the central location for relevant and timely information necessary to support and train the knowledge worker 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, from both LAN and remote locations.